All hell can’t stop us now

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here?
What better time than now?
- Rage Against the Machine, Guerrilla Radio

I have a inferno raging in my belly.  It’s been growing steadily stronger.  The time has come to wrest control of our schools away from corporations and educational nihilists and make them oases of learning.

It has to start somewhere…

Our schools CAN change.  It’s not too late.  Our schools CAN become everything they should be.  The movement has to start somewhere.

“Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

It has to start sometime…

Why wait?  Every day you wait is another child lost to boredom, apathy, drop-out, or failure.  Round up the like-minded educators in your school and get the ball rolling.

“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”
- Lao Tzu

What better place than here?

I  believe that my dreams for our schools can be realized.  I have to believe that we can transform into student-centered, democratic schools where students come to learn and want to stay.  I have to believe that we can lower dropout rates, increase graduation rates and send young adults out of our doors ready to enjoy productive, satisfying lives.

“The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.”
- Robert H. Schuller

What better time than now?

We’ve come to a crossroad.  If we as educators stand by and watch the show, we’ll be steamrolled.  On the flipside, could you imagine the power that would be wielded if a small group of committed teachers in every school decided to be the change?

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead

…all hell can’t stop us now!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Blog shift? or just BS? | Wisdom Begins with Wonder