My Edublog Award Nominations

There are so many great bloggers out there. In fact, I follow many more than I am able to actually read. That being said, I wanted to recognize a few of my favorites by nominating them for the Edublog Awards.

Without further ado, my Nominations for The 2010 Edublog Awards:

• Best individual blog: Science Teacher – Doyle’s writing is scientific, deep, thought provoking, humorous, inspirational, and challenging.
  • Best group blog: Cooperative Catalyst - all kinds of good stuff here from all kinds of excellent bloggers
  • Best resource sharing blog: for the love of learning - Joe Bower shares methods and resources for transforming your entire classroom by transforming your assessment!
  • Most influential blog post:
  • Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion: #scido
  • Best new blog: Experts and Newbies – all about project based learning!
  • Best teacher blog: Spencer’s Scratch Pad – honest, witty, introspective and inspirational writing from an excellent writer in John Spencer
  • Best school administrator blog: What Ed Said – I’m going to “cheat” a little bit and put Edna Sackson’s blog here (because she’s moving into the role of Teaching and Learning Coordinator for her school next year)
  • Lifetime achievement: Dangerously Irrelevant – Scott McLeod has been blogging at a very high level for years and uses his blog’s considerable clout to support lots of other bloggers by hosting frequent guest blogger series.

• #   Michael Doyle on 11.21.10 at 11:35 am     

Cool beans! Thanks!

• #   John T. Spencer on 11.21.10 at 7:08 pm     

Thanks! I am truly honored.

• #   Ed on 11.22.10 at 12:08 am     

Thanks, Tyler! Not sure quite what the word means in the US… but the dictionary says ‘a person who manages or has a talent for managing’… I am never going to be an administrator.

• #   Scott McLeod on 11.23.10 at 2:28 pm     

Thanks so much for the kind words and support (and for being a loyal reader). Much appreciated!

Scott,

My pleasure!

Ed-

I’m applying it liberally to include someone whose primary role is not to manage a classroom of his or her own on a daily basis. Of course, you’re obviously still going to be a teacher in every sense of the word!