Exploring web tools: Symbaloo

One web tool that I’m currently exploring is Symbaloo (www.symbaloo.com).

Symbaloo is a free site that allows you to create a customized dashboard for the Internet. You. Can also create “web mixes” that you can choose to publish and share

I’ve created a custom dashboard for my students with useful sites and tools for our classes. There are lots of cool tools shared there for teachers to explore as well!

Check it out: http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/linksforstudents I really like the visual organization of Symbaloo and think it’ll resonate with kids as well!

• #   Caileigh McCulloch on 07.02.11 at 11:11 am     

Hey,
    I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am currently enrolled in Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class. One of our assignments is to create a PLN. I chose to use Symbaloo to create my PLN. It is a very useful tool! It helps to keep me organized, and saves me a lot of time. I love that I can keep up with my educational social network, current news, and have access to all of my most used sites all at one time.

I think that the custom dashboard you created for your students is a wonderful idea. Symbaloo is easy to use, and that sounds like a very effective way to help your students keep up with what is going on in your classroom. As a student, I would appreciate this strategy of learning because it is very “visually” appealing and easy to access and use! Great idea! Thank you for sharing.
    Caileigh McCulloch

• #   Mr. Rice on 07.02.11 at 11:31 am     

Caileigh,

Thanks for dropping by. Symbaloo is definitely cool and worth experimenting with in the classroom. Eventually, I’d love to have my students set up their own!