I think integration of technology is critical for learners in today’s world. It is important for engagement for learners who are plugged in 100% of the time outside of school. It is important to help prepare them for the future.
That being said, technology should not replace quality instruction. The use of technology in the classroom should enhance and deepen learning, not just serve as fancy bells and whistles.
My blog posts on technology:
- Technology trojan horse – how I use technology as a way to guide teachers toward more student-centered instruction
- Technology integration and differentiation – this post breaks down a couple of tech tools I love, Edmodo and Edublogs and why I chose to use them
- Student blogs – this was the early synopsis on setting students up with blogs
- Why are we blogging in science class – an explanation of why students were blogging in my class; explains pretty clearly why I think students should be blogging in their classes
- Blogging with students – a reflection – a reflection on this past year of having students blog and my thoughts for next year
- This is a LiveBinder full of educational technology resources:
- My technology links on Delicious: http://delicious.com/trice25/technology